Mentoring & Guidance
All Participating teams are assisted and guided at all stages of the Competition through:
- ongoing support from appointed mentors,
- relevant online literature and tools
- feedback from Jury members at each evaluation stage
Awards & Prizes
- First Prize: €8,000
- Second Prize: €4,000
- Third Prize: €2,000
Phase 1: Submit your Executive Summary
Participants submit a summary of their idea no more than 3 pages long or your pitch deck where they outline
- The Business Idea
- The Competitive Advantages
- The Target Market
- The Technology
- The Market Potential
- The Qualities of the Team
All submissions are evaluated by the CyEC Jury on their merits in developing successful businesses in the marketplace. Emphasis is given to the innovation and feasibility of the Idea
CyEC KickOff Weekend
The Kickoff Weekend, will provide entrepreneurial skills to all teams that pass to the 2nd stage. Participants will undergo intensive training, mentoring with hands-on experience from internationally accomplished entrepreneurs that are active in start-up ecosystems.
The participation to the Kickoff Weekend is required and mandatory to be considered for the next stage.
Phase 2: Sumbit your Pitch Deck
Participants who pass Phase 1 are required to develop their business proposition and submit in the form of PowerPoint Presentation (20 slides maximum).
The CyEC Jury evaluates and rates the proposed High-tech ventures and selects the finalists.
The finalists are asked to defend their proposed Business Ventures with a PowerPoint presentation in front of the CyEC Jury. The three winners are announced at the Award Ceremony.
Feedback is provided at each Stage. CyEC strives in helping their Alumni in setting up their Companies.
The CyEC is open to:
- Teams with a high-tech start-up business idea
- Teams whose members include at least one EU national
- Teams which didn’t win in previous CyEC competitions they can re-apply
- Teams that win in previous CyEC competitions they can apply with a different business idea.
Notes: Existing companies and professionals involved in business planning services are not eligible